A Novel Pulse Compression Method for Weather Radar
Pulse compression is a classical topic. Because of its function in resolution enhancement, pulse compression technology has been applied in many kinds of radar such as pulse Doppler weather radar. In this chapter, a combination of two sidelobe suppression techniques for pulse compression is proposed. Simulation results show that the combination of the two techniques has better pulse compression effect.
KeywordsPulse compression Sidelobe suppression Weather radar
- 1.Lin M, Ke Y (1984) Theory of radar signal. National Defense Industry Press, Beijing, pp 87–203Google Scholar
- 2.Cook CE, Bernfeld M, Paolillo J, Palmier CA (1965) Matched filtering, pulse compression and waveform design. Microwave J, Oct. Nov. Dec. 1964Google Scholar
- 5.Youxin L, Jingcheng X, Fuxin C (1993) A method for reducing range-sidelobes of linear frequency-modulated pulse compression signals. J UEST China 22(4):344–349Google Scholar
- 6.Yang B, Wu J (2000) A range sidelobe reduction technique based onmodifications to signal spectrum. Syst Eng Electron 22(9):90–93Google Scholar
- 7.Xianmin Z, Jinlin X, Hongtai W, Qing X (1997) SAW pulse compression systems with lower sidelobes. Microw Conf Proc 2:833–835, APMC ’97Google Scholar