An Approach to the Modulation Recognition of MIMO Radar Signals
The modulation recognition is of great significance in the electronic reconnaissance. This chapter presents a modulation recognition method for the emerging multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) radar signals. Signals of interest are classified into three categories based on instantaneous correlation spectrum analysis first. Then none coding MIMO radar signals are discriminated by spectrum analysis, and coding MIMO radar signals are recognized by source number estimation algorithm. Simulation results verify the effectiveness of the method and the overall correct recognition rate is over 90 % when SNR is above 0 dB.
KeywordsModulation recognition MIMO radar signal Instantaneous autocorrelation spectrum Source number estimation
- 2.Bliss DW, Forsythe KW (2003) Multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) radar and imaging: degrees of freedom and resolution. In: Conference record of 37th ACSSC, Asilomar, California, USAGoogle Scholar
- 3.Forsythe KW, Bliss DW, Fawcett GS (2004) Multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) radar: performance issues. In: Conference Record of 38th ACSSC, Asilomar, California, USAGoogle Scholar
- 4.Jian L, Stoica P, Xu LZ, Roberts W (2007) On parameter identifiability of MIMO radar. LSP, IEEE 14(12):968–971Google Scholar
- 5.Liu B, He ZS, Zeng JK, Liu BY (2006) Polyphase orthogonal code design for MIMO radar systems. In: Proceedings of CIE 2006 on Radar, Shanghai, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 7.Liu B (2008) Research on generation of orthogonal waveform and signal processing for MIMO radar. Dissertation: University of Electronic Science and Technology (in Chinese)Google Scholar