FOD Detection on Airport Runway with Clutter Map CFAR Plane Technique
Foreign Object Debris (FOD) detection is an importance issue to civil aviation safety. In this chapter, the technique of clutter map CFAR plane detection is discussed in detail and applied to FOD detection on airport runway based on millimeter-wave linear frequency modulated continuous wave (LFMCW) radar. The detection performance of the technique is analyzed, and a simulation experiment is conducted. Simulation result shows the effectiveness of the clutter map CFAR plane detection technique in relatively low signal-to-clutter ratio (SCR) situation.
KeywordsClutter map FOD detection CFAR plane detection technique LFMCW radar
This work is partially supported by the National Natural Science foundation of China (No. 61139003) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. ZYGX2010J022).
- 1.Mazouni K, Kohmura A, Futatsumori S, et al (2010) 77GHz FMCW Radar for FODs detection. In: Proceedings of the 7th european radar conference, EuMA, Paris, pp 451–454Google Scholar
- 2.Essen Helmut, Luedtke Goert, et al (2010) Millmeterwave radar network for foreign object detection. In: Proceedings of the international workshop on cognitive information ElbaIslan, pp 7–10Google Scholar
- 3.Wu Shun Jun (2008) Radar signal processing and data processing technology. Publishing House of electronics industry p 168Google Scholar
- 4.He You (2001) The review of radar automatic detection and CFAR processing methods. Syst Eng Electron (11):9–15Google Scholar
- 5.He You, Liu Yong, Meng Xiang wei (1999) Performance of clutter map CFAR plane technique in homogeneous background. Acta Electronica Sinica 27(3)Google Scholar
- 6.Shen Fuming AN (1996) approach of CFAR plane detection of radar targets based on integration of clutter image. Syst Eng Electron (7):9–14. K. Elissa, “Title of paper if known, (unpublished)Google Scholar