A Novel Phase Noise Compensation Scheme for 60GHz OFDM System Based on Quantum Genetic Algorithm
This paper proposes a new phase noise compensation scheme for 60 GHz OFDM system employing optimal blind data detection based on quantum genetic algorithm to alleviate performance degradation due to the phase noise. High data-rate OFDM system in 60-GHz millimeter-wave band have been extensively studied, but the relatively large phase noise in the phase locked loop (PLL) synthesizer severely degrades transmission performance. This proposed scheme employ an optimal (maximum a posteriori) data estimator, utilizing prior statistical knowledge of PHN. In addition, quantum genetic algorithm is used to further reduce the computational complexity. Simulation results under 802.15.3C system show that the proposed scheme mitigates the degradation due to PHN effectively over both AWGN channel and frequency selective fading channel.
KeywordsPhase noise compensation 60 GHz
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (60972079, 60902046) and the BUPT excellent Ph.D. students foundations (CX201122).
- 1.Lily Yang, L (2009) 60GHz: opportunity for Gigabit WPAN and WLAN convergence [J]. ACM SIGCOMM Comput Commun Rev 39(1):56–61Google Scholar
- 2.Pollet T, Bladel MV, Moeneclaey M (1995) BER sensitivity of OFDM systems to carrier frequency offset and Wiener phase noise[J]. IEEE Trans Commun 43(2):191–193Google Scholar
- 3.Nikitopoulos K, Polydoros A (2001) Compensation schemes for phase noise and residual frequency offset in OFDM systems[C]. In: IEEE global telecommunication conference, GLOBECOM, San Antonio, vol 1, pp 330–333Google Scholar
- 4.Shentu J, Panta K, Armstrong J (2003) Effects of phase noise on performance of OFDM systems using an ICI cancellation scheme [J]. IEEE Trans Broadcast 49(2):221–224.Google Scholar
- 5.Casas RA, Biracree SL, Youtz AE (2002) Time domain phase noise correction for OFDM signals[J]. IEEE Trans Broadcast 48(3):230–236Google Scholar
- 6.Wu S, Bar-Ness Y (2003) OFDM channel estimation in the presence of frequency offset and phase noise[C]. In: IEEE international conference on communications (ICC), Anchorage, vol 5, pp 3366–3370Google Scholar
- 7.Suyama S, Suzuki H, Fukawa K, Izumi J (2009) Iterative receiver employing phase noise compensation and channel estimation for millimeter-wave OFDM systems[J]. IEEE J Sel Areas Commun 27(8):1358–1366Google Scholar