A Novel Frequency Drift Tracking Algorithm Based on Kalman Filter in 60GHz mm-WaveSystem
In order to study and solve the frequency drift problem in 60 GHz wireless communication system, a new data auxiliary frequency synchronization and tracking algorithm is proposed in this article, which is on the base of Chu sequence as training pilots, utilizing the time feature of frequency variation to estimate frequency offset by Kalman filter. It not only promotes the OFDM system synchronization performance, but also reduces the length of pilots and extends pilots interval to promote signal transfer efficiency. The simulation results prove its feasibility and validity.
Keywords60GHz Synchronization Kalman Frequency drift OFDM
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (60972079, 60902046) and the BUPT excellent Ph.D. students foundations (CX201122).
- 1.(2009) IEEE Standards 802.15.3c – Part 15.3: wireless medium access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) specifications for high rate wireless personal area networks (WPANs) Amendment 2: millimeter-wave-based alternative physical layer extension. IEEE Computer Society, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.(2010) IEEE P802.11ad/D0.1 – Part 11: wireless lan medium access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) specifications -Amendment 6: enhancements for very high throughput in the 60GHz band. IEEE 802.11 Committee of the IEEE Computer Society, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Schmidl TM, Cox DC (1997) Robust frequency and timing synchronization for OFDM[J]. Communications 45(12):1613–1621Google Scholar
- 5.Wei C, Rui-juan Y (2009) A joint time and frequency synchronization method based on PN sequences for OFDM[A]. Computer science and information technology. In: 2nd IEEE international conference[C]. ICCSIT, Beijing, pp 112–116Google Scholar
- 6.Geetha C (2010) Combined PAPR reduction and frequency offset estimation using precoded Zadoff-Chu OFDM in WLAN system[C]. In: 2010 3rd IEEE ICCSIT, Chengdu, China, vol 3, pp 461–465Google Scholar
- 7.Wang J, Lan Z, Pyo C et al (2009) Beamforming codebook design and performance evaluation for millimeter-wave WPAN[C]. In: Proceedings of the IEEE vehicular technology conference (VTC 2009 Fall), Anchorage, USA, 20–23 Sept 2009, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 8.Fukasawa Y (2007) 76-GHz planar Gunn VCO with low oscillation frequency drift of 1.5MHz/[C]. In: Asia-Pacific microwave conference, Bangkok Thailand, pp 1–4Google Scholar
- 9.Meng-meng L (2011) A joint timing and frequency synchronization algorithm for OFDM system based on training sequence[J]. J Yanshan Univ 3:257–261Google Scholar