Model and Simulation of Data Aggregation Based on Voronoi Diagram in Hierarchical Sensor Network
A hierarchical wireless sensor network is proposed which separates the sensing ability and routing ability at different layer respectively. It cannot only simplify the hardware design but also can reduce wireless node cost. Also, a mathematical model of data fusion based on hierarchical architecture and Voronoi diagram is given to make sure the connectivity of stochastic sensor nodes and can be more energy efficient. The simulation shows, network communication traffic are cut down sharply, which can reduce nodes energy cost and prolong the lifetime of the sensor network.
KeywordsWireless sensor network Stochastic connectivity Mathematical model Data fusion
This work is supported by science and technology plan of basic research projects of Qingdao under Grant No. 12-1-4-18-jch.
- 2.Manjeshwar A, Agrawal DP (2001) TEEN: a routing protocol for enhanced efficiency in wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the 15th parallel and distributed processing symposium. San Francisco: IEEE Computer Society, 2001, 2009–2015Google Scholar
- 3.Hester L et al (2002) neuRFon Netform: a self-organizing wireless sensor network. In: Proceedings of IEEE IC3N, pp 364–369Google Scholar
- 6.Jiang J-R, Sung T-M (2009) Energy-efficient coverage and connectivity maintenance for wireless sensor networks. J Netw 4(6):403–410Google Scholar
- 7.Dhivya M, Sundarambal M (2011) Energy efficient computation of data fusion in wireless sensor networks using cuckoo based particle approach (CBPA). Int J Commun Netw Syst Sci 4:249–255Google Scholar
- 9.Shih E, Cho S, Ickes N, Min R, Sinha A, Wang A, Chandrakasan A (2001) Physical layer driven protocol and algorithm design for energy-efficient wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the seventh annual international conference on Mobile computing and networking (MobiCom 01), Rome, pp 272–287Google Scholar
- 10.Gupta P, Kumar PR (1998) Critical power for asymptotic connectivity in wireless networks. In: McEneany WM, Yin G, Zhang Q (eds) Stochastic analysis, control, optimization and applications: a volume in honor of W.H. Fleming. Birkhauser, Boston, pp 547–566Google Scholar