Post-approval Uses of Clinical Data, Phase IV Data, and Sales and Marketing Data Visualizations
This chapter discusses some useful graphics in Phase IV and Sales and Marketing applications. In the first half of the chapter we show some useful presentations of existing clinical trial data and post-approval Phase IV studies’ data. Then, we undertake some applications in Sales and Marketing ranging from various trend analyses to in-depth analysis of field force optimization; in each section, a brief introduction to the application followed by some simple graphics highlighting findings in an easy to interpret manner are presented.
Most illustrations in this chapter are based on simulated data rather than actual data, and yet they are representative of real world situations.
KeywordsControl Chart Field Representative Mixed Model Repeated Measure High Placebo Response Trend Break
- Cabrera J, Emir B (2012) Fisher-Yates normalization for questionnaire data. Technical report (2012). Department of Statistic sand Biostatistics, Rutgers UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Freeman R, Emir B, Murphy TK, Xu, Y, Whalen E (2010) Placebo response characteristics in eight pregabalin diabetic peripheral neuropathy trials. Presented at third international congress on neuropathic pain, 27–30 May, Athens, GreeceGoogle Scholar
- French, J, Cabrera J, Emir B, Whalen E (2011) Designing a new proof-of-principle (PoP) trial for treatment of partial seizures to demonstrate efficacy with minimal sample size and duration—a case study. Pfizer Internal Report (2011). PCBU Statistics, New York, NYGoogle Scholar
- ICH Topic E 8, General Considerations for Clinical Trials (1998) http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Scientific_guideline/2009/09/WC500002877.pdf
- Page ES (1954) Continuous Inspection Scheme. Biometrika 41 (1/2): 100–115Google Scholar