Phonon and Electron Statistics in Metals
Discovered by Kamerlingh-Onnes in 1911, superconductivity in metals was a peculiar phenomenon, but is now known as due to phase transition of conduction electrons in periodic lattice at low temperatures. Related to lattice excitations, the transition is a basic occurrence in many-electron systems in crystals. In this chapter, we discuss statistical properties of many-phonon and many-electron systems.
- 1.H. Haken, Quantenfeldtheorie des Festkörpers (B. G. Teubner, Stuttgart, 1973)Google Scholar
- 2.C. Kittel, H. Kroemer, Thermal Physics (Freeman, San Francisco, 1980)Google Scholar
- 3.B. Kursunoglu, Modern Quantum Theory (Freeman, San Francisco, 1962)Google Scholar
- 4.L.D. Landau, E.M. Lifshitz, Quantum Mechanics, vol. 3 of Theoretical Physics (Pergamon Press, London 1958)Google Scholar
- 5.C. Kittel, Quantum Theory of Solids (Wiley, New York, 1963)Google Scholar