Relay-Enabled Hybrid Wireless and Powerline Communication Access Network for Smart Power Grid
As the main approach to realize intelligent electric distribution, the power line communication (PLC) technology still faces the problem of topology complexity in this field. In this article, a Hybrid Wireless–PLC-Based Relay Scheme in Access Network is proposed for smart power grid, which combines advantages of both PLC and wireless technologies to solve the problem of topology complexity. Experimental results showed that this mechanism with routing approach had better performance.
KeywordsAccess Network Relay Node Packet Delay Packet Loss Rate Master Node
The National High Technology Research and Development Program (“863”Program) of China: Research and development of information and communication supporting technology for smart power distribution and consumption network (2011AA05A116).
- 1.Tsoukalas LH (2008) From smart grids to an energy internet: assumptions, architectures and requirements. In: Proceedings of electric utility deregulation and restructuring and power technologies, 2008. DRPT, pp 94–98Google Scholar
- 2.Galli S, Scaglione A (2011) For the grid and through the grid: the role of power line communications in the smart grid. Proc IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 3.Scaglione A, Zhifang W (2010) Power line communications and the smart grid. In: Proceedings of the 2010 first IEEE international conference on smart grid communications (Smart Grid Comm), pp 303–308Google Scholar
- 5.Lai SW (2010) The wireless/power-line diversity channel. In: Proceedings of the 2010 I.E. international conference on communications (ICC), pp 1–5Google Scholar
- 6.Biagi M (2010) Location assisted routing techniques for power line communication in smart grids. In: Proceedings of first IEEE international conference on smart grid communications (SmartGridComm), pp 274–278Google Scholar