Intelligent Control Algorithm of Electric-Fused Magnesia Furnace Based on Neural Network
In order to solve the problems in electric-fused magnesia production such as large overshoot, electrode lift frequency and arc current instability that are caused by two-point control algorithm and three-phase electrode control, respectively, this chapter designs an integrated three-phase control model of electric-fused magnesia furnace which is based on improved BP neural network which trains the neural network control model by using the sample data got from production floor and establishes the neural network controller model through the weights of training results. Through research and simulation analysis, feasibility and availability of the control method are proved. This control model can solve the problem of large overshoot in traditional manufacturing method, and then reduce production energy consumption and improve the quality of products.
KeywordsFurnace Magnesia Magnesite
This work was financially supported by Project Fund of Binzhou University (BZXYG1016).
- 1.Guo M (2004) Industrial furnace. China Metallurgical Industry Publishing House, Beijing (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Li J (2010) Research on development of fused magnesia industry. Energ Metall Ind 29(4):8–10Google Scholar
- 3.Jian W, Wu Z, Zhang L, Yue H, Chai T (2011) Simulation platform for intelligent optimization control of electric-fused magnesia furnace. J Syst Simul 23(4):676–680Google Scholar
- 4.Liu X, Li J (2002) Adaptive reference model tracking control of electrode systems of arc furnace. In: Proceedings of the fourth world congress on intelligent control and automation, Shanghai, China, June 2002. IEEE, Denver, pp 1399–1403Google Scholar
- 5.Dong B, Zhang L, Wu Y, Feng J, Chai T (2008) The fuzzy control research on electrodes of electrical-fused magnesia furnace. In: 2008 Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC), Yantai, Shandong, China, July 2008. IEEE Computer Society, Denver, pp 216–220Google Scholar