During the last decade, digital watermarking has become an active research area focused on digital data protection. The modern multimedia systems require powerful data protection algorithms. Due to the advances in the development of digital data and the modern way of communication, a number of watermarking procedure have been proposed. The watermarking purposes are classified as ownership protection, protection and proof of copyrights, data authenticity protection, tracking of digital copies, and copy and access control.
This chapter deals with the concepts of watermark embedding and watermark detection theory. Several interesting and commonly used algorithms for image and audio watermarking are presented. As an advanced level, the recently developed combined time–frequency watermarking approaches are also considered.
KeywordsEntropy Assure Autocorrelation Sorting
- 1.Al-khassaweneh M, Aviyente S (2005) A time-frequency based perceptual and robust watermarking scheme. In: Proceedings of the EUSIPCO 2005, Antalya, TurkeyGoogle Scholar
- 2.Barni M, Bartolini F (2004) Watermarking systems engineering. Marcel Dekker Inc, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Cox IJ, Miller ML, Bloom JA (2002) Digital watermarking. Academic, San DiegoGoogle Scholar
- 7.Foo SW, Ho SM, Ng LM (2004) Audio watermarking using time-frequency compression expansion. In: Proceedings of the international symposium on circuits and systems, ISCAS 04, vol 3, pp III-201–III-4Google Scholar
- 10.Mobasseri BG, Zhang Y, Amin MG, Dogahe BM (2005) Designing robust watermarks using polynomial phase exponentials. In: Proceedings of acoustics, speech, and signal processing (ICASSP’05), vol 2, pp ii/833–ii/836Google Scholar
- 11.Muharemagić E, Furht B (2006) Survey of watermarking techniques and applications (Chapter 3). In: Furht B, Kirovski D (eds) Multimedia watermarking techniques and applications. Auerbach Publication, Boca Raton, pp 91–130Google Scholar
- 13.Proceedings of the IEEE: special issue on identification and protection of multimedia information, vol 87, July 1999Google Scholar
- 20.Stanković S, Orović I, Žarić N (2008) Robust speech watermarking in the time-frequency domain. EURASIP J Adv Signal Process, Issue ID 519206Google Scholar
- 22.Wickens TD (2002) Elementary signal detection theory. Oxford University Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar