Improved DEA Evaluation Models of IRTU Knowledge Innovation
To address the inadequacy of traditional Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) as it can only handle efficiency evaluation of a single point in time, this paper proposes a new efficiency evaluation model of knowledge innovation of Innovative Research Teams in University (IRTU) with DEA improved by taking into consideration the fact that IRTU knowledge innovation occurs over multiple time periods and is characterized by time sequentiality. The improved model can not only handle knowledge innovation at a single point in time, but also that at several points in time. An empirical research validates the improved model.
KeywordsIRTU Knowledge innovation DEA model Impetus system
This work was supported by project (10YJC630008) supported by China Ministry of Education Humanities and Social Sciences Fund, NSFC (71073039), SRDF (20112302110022), by China Post-doctoral Fund and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No.HIT.NSRIF.2012026).
- 1.Chen Z (2006) Implementing resolutions of national congress of science and technology to build an innovative nation. Chin Soft Sci 9:1–12Google Scholar
- 2.Ma L, Wang Y (2007) A study on an evaluative system for the industry-group-based local innovation capacity. Stat Decis 5:63–64Google Scholar
- 3.Kikuchi T, Rong L, Wang Z, Nakamori Y (2007) Evaluation models for research capabilities and environments. J Syst Manage 1:1–10Google Scholar
- 4.Meng H et al (2008) Comprehensive evaluation of knowledge innovation system of research university based on CEM. Oper Res Manage Sci 3:80–87Google Scholar
- 5.Wu J (2007) A study on the comprehensive evaluation of knowledge innovation capacity of universities based on the entropy method. Ind Technol Econ 10:53–58Google Scholar
- 6.Ma W, Fan Z, Ou W (2006) A method for performance evaluation of knowledge innovation research bases. J Harbin Inst Technol 9:1576–1578Google Scholar