Study on Teaching Methods of Operations Research
Operations research is an interdisciplinary mathematical science that focuses on the effective use of technology. It is an important practical foundation course, while the existing teaching pattern of Operations research in our higher vocational education rely mainly on teaching of theories and mathematical derivation of principles, and lack of methods of operations research analyzing and solving problems, or emphasizes on the practical of Operations research one-sided, it leads to students lack of theoretical knowledge. To further improve the teaching quality and teaching effectiveness, we need strengthen theoretical study on basic branch of operations research, and focus on the case teaching, modeling teaching, and teaching with computer software applications, to improve students’ awareness of using scientific methods, ability to analyze issues and innovation.
KeywordsOperations research Case teaching Mathematical modeling Teaching reform
This work was supported by Educational Commission of Hebei Province of China (No.Z2010260) and the Startup Foundation for Doctors of Hebei Polytechnic University (No.35377601).
- 1.Hillier FS, Lieberman GJ (1995) Introduction to operations research. McGraw-Hill, New York, 33:46–53Google Scholar
- 2.Hamdy TA (1987) Operations research-an introduction. 4th edn. Macmillan, New York, 3:461–469Google Scholar
- 3.Qian SD (1990) Operations research. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, 90:37–44Google Scholar
- 4.Wu Fengping (2000) OR methods and applications. Hohai University Press, Nanjing, 20:1–20Google Scholar
- 5.Robert VJ (1996) Linear programming-foundation and extensions. Kluwer, Boston, 19:6–8Google Scholar
- 6.Jensen PA, Bard JF (2003) Operations research models and methods. Wiley, HobokenGoogle Scholar
- 8.Yu Y, Kong G (2001) J Univ Electron Sci Technol China (Soc Sci edn) 4:3–16Google Scholar
- 9.Yu X, Wang L (2009) The practice of application and research-style teaching mode in OR teaching. China Educ Innovat Herald 20:37Google Scholar
- 10.Yang MS, Kong FL, Zhang W (2006) Views and suggests on the curriculum educational reform of operation research. J Xi’an Univ Architect Technol (Soc Sci edn) 04:3–9Google Scholar
- 11.Chen RJ (2009) Teaching of operation research in practice-oriented university. J Changzhou Inst Technol 09:36–40Google Scholar