On Formative Assessment System of Multimedia-Based College English Teaching
Popularization, information and network of higher education put forward totally new requirements on college English teaching, which is the reform of teaching model, and more importantly of assessment concept, methods and implementing process. A prominent issue of college English teaching is the unreasonable, imperfect and unscientific course assessment system. Based on the status of college English teaching assessment system, the paper explores the means of quality assessment, establishes formative assessment system of multimedia-based college English teaching, which is conducive to enhancing students’ motivation in English learning, promoting students to optimize learning strategies and effectively developing students’ practical ability of English, and offers some suggestions after conducting student-centered experimental research on formative assessment system.
KeywordsFormative assessment system Multimedia-based college English teaching Practical ability of English Experimental research
The study on which this paper was based was supported by Jiangxi Educational Science “12th Five-Year” Plan Project in 2011(No.11YB042), Jiangxi College Humanities and Social Sciences Planning Project (No. JC1214), Scientific Research Project of Jiangxi University of Science and Technology (No. jxxj11110). The financial support to this study is greatly appreciated. Authors gratefully thank the anonymous reviewers for their valuable comments on this manuscript.
- 1.Chinese Ministry of Education (2004) College English curriculum requirements (trial), vol 8. Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press, Shanghai, pp 92–97Google Scholar
- 3.Lao Mei (2005) Application of formative assessment in college English, vol 12. Guangxi Normal University, Nanning, pp 67–71Google Scholar
- 4.Tesser M (1993) Planning and conducting formative evaluations. Kongan Page, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 5.Xu Xiaobang (2003) On the formative assessment of EFL students: from theory to practice, vol 34. Fujian Normal University, Fuzhou, pp 112–119Google Scholar
- 6.Cao Rongping, Zhang Wenxia, Zhou Yan (2004) Application of formative assessment in writing in English for non-English majors in China. For Lang Teach 5:82–87Google Scholar
- 7.Cao Chao, Wang Jiong (2009) Testing methods of formative assessment in college students’ English application ability. For Lang Lit 05:154–156Google Scholar
- 9.Wang Hongyan (2002) Educational assessment reassessed: the usefulness of alternative assessment for assessing student achievements, vol 12. Liaoning Normal University, Shenyang, pp 38–44Google Scholar
- 10.Guo Xi (2004) Promoting learners’ independence in college English teaching with formative assessment. J Xian For Lang Coll 12(4):66–68Google Scholar
- 11.Luo Shaoxi (2003) Research on formative assessment of English classroom teaching, vol 10. Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, Beijing, pp 39–45Google Scholar