This chapter provides a quick summary of the contents in each of the remaining chapters. Also included is an early history on queuing theory, and a large list of examples.
KeywordsService Time Service Facility Order Picker Multi Server System Forklift Truck
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Erlang, A. K. (1909). Probability and Telephone Calls. Nyt Tidsskrift Matematik Series B, 20, 33–39.Google Scholar
- Kendall, D. G. (1953). Stochastic processes occurring in the theory of queues and their analysis by the method of the imbedded Markov chain. Annals of Mathematical Statistics, 24(3), 338–354.Google Scholar
- Kleinrock, L. (1964). Communication nets: stochastic message flow and design. New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Morse, P. M. (1958). Queues, inventories and maintenance. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Saaty, T. L. (1961). Elements of queueing theory with applications. New York: McGraw Hill.Google Scholar
- Thomopoulos, N. T. (1990). Strategic inventory management and planning. Carol Stream: Hitchcock Publishing Co.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012