Real Time Remote Monitoring and Measurement of Loss due to Dry Flue Gas for an Industrial Boiler
The loss due to dry flue gas is quite considerable in boilers. This paper presents a novel method of wireless and real time monitoring of this loss in an industrial boiler. The proposed system consists of measuring the percentage of CO2 present in the flue gas, temperature of flue gas and the ambient temperature. All these signals from the sensor are suitably conditioned and then transmitted to the central station using ZigBee communication. ZigBee is a popular wireless protocol used in process industries. At the central station the loss due to dry flue gas is calculated and displayed. At the central station, an ARM7TDMI-S is used for data acquisition and for calculating the boiler loss. In this work, not only the parameters are measured, but also wirelessly communicated to the central station for finding the loss due to dry flue gas.
KeywordsDry flue gas loss ARM7TDMI-S Boiler efficiency ZigBee
- 1.Tyagi SK, Sharma BK, Sanjeev S, (2011) Boiler efficiency evaluation and monitoring through data mining techniques in textile industry. Int J Comput Sci Eng ISSN: 0975-3397, vol 3Google Scholar
- 2.Ramalingam KK (2002) Power plant engineering. SciTech Publications, ChennaiGoogle Scholar
- 3.Energy Performance Assessment of Boiler, http://www.em-ea.org/Guide%20Books/book-4/4.1%20Boiler.pdf.
- 4.Durmus K, Muharrem E (2010) Energy conservation opportunities in an industrial boiler. J Energy Eng 136(1):18–25 ISSN 0733-9402/2010Google Scholar
- 5.Wei W, He G, Wan J (2011) Research on ZigBee wireless communication Technology, 978-1-4244-8165-1/11/, IEEE The National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.51077079)Google Scholar
- 6.SrideviVeerasingam, SaurabhKarodi, SapnaShukla, MeharChaitanyaYeleti: Design of Wireless sensor Network node on ZigBee for Temperature Monitoring, IEEE International conference on Advances in Computing and Telecommunication Technologies, 978-0-7695-3915-7/09, (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.Pang, N (2011) ZigBee Mesh network for greenhouse monitoring. In: IEEE international conference on mechatronic science, electric engineering and computer 978-1-61284-722-1/11Google Scholar
- 8.Lu P, Liang G, Yu Q (2011) A data acquisition system for methane drainage based on ARM and FPGA. In: IEEE international conference on computer distributed control and intelligent environmental monitoring, 978-0-7695-4350-5-5/11Google Scholar
- 9.Zhu Q, Zhu D, Su X (2010) Distributed remote temperature monitoring and acquisition system based on Can bus. In: IEEE prognostics and system health management conference, 978-4244-4758-9/10Google Scholar
- 10.Daogang P, Hao Z, Kai Z, Hui L, Fei X (2009) Research and development of the remote I/O data acquisition system based on embedded ARM platform. In: IEEE International conference on electronic computer technology, 978-0-7695-3559-3Google Scholar
- 11.ARM, The architecture for the digital world, http://www.arm.com