Hybrid Extremal Optimization and Glowworm Swarm Optimization
Glowworm Swarm Optimization algorithm is applied for the simultaneous capture of multiple optima of multimodal functions. In this paper, we have attempted to create a Hybrid Extremal Glowworm Swarm Optimization (HEGSO) algorithm. Aiming at the glowworm swarm optimization algorithm is easy to fall into local optima, having low accuracy, and to be unable to find the best local optima. However for solving these problems, the present algorithm has been increased the probability of choosing the best local optima. Moreover we want to use this method to have a best movement for agents in Glow worm optimization algorithm. Simulation and comparison based on several well-studied benchmarks demonstrate the effectiveness, efficiency and robustness of the proposed algorithms.
KeywordsExtremal optimization Glowworm swarm optimization Hybrid algorithm
- 1.Krishnanand KND, Ghose D (2009) Glowworm swarm optimization: a new method for optimizing multi-modal functions. Comput Intell Stud 1(1):93–119Google Scholar
- 2.Liu J, Zhou Y, Huang K, Ouyang Z, Wang Y (2011) A glowworm swarm optimization algorithm based on definite update search domains. J Comput Inform Sys 7:10, 3698–3705Google Scholar
- 3.Boettcher S, Percus AG Extremal optimization: an evolutionary local-search algorithm. http://arxiv.org/abs/cs.NE/0209030.
- 4.de Sousa FL, Vlassov V, Manuel Ramos F (2007) Centralized extremal optimization for solving complex optimal design problems. Lect Notes Comput Sci 2723:375–276Google Scholar
- 5.Liu H, Zhou Y, Yang Y, Gong Q, Huang Z (2010) A novel hybrid optimization algorithm based on glowworm swarm and fish school. J Comput Inform Sys 6(13):4533–4541Google Scholar
- 6.Yang Y, Zhou Y, Gong Q (2010) Hybrid artificial glowworm swarm optimization algorithm for solving system of nonlinear equations. J Comput Inform Sys 6(10):3431–3438Google Scholar
- 7.Krishnanand KND, Ghose D (2008) Theoretical foundations for rendezvous of glowworm-inspired agent swarms at multiple locations. Robot Auton Sys 56(7):549–569Google Scholar