Research and Construction of a Sensing Forest System based on the Internet of Things
Forest information collection plays an important role in the process of building modern forestry. This paper proposes a monitoring system—Sensing Forest System, based on the Internet of Things, 3G and 3D GIS, to make up for the shortcomings of traditional monitoring methods. Key issues, such as system architecture, design of wireless multimedia sensor nodes and data transfer process in the network, have been studied and presented, for obtaining real-time comprehensive forestry information, accurately, automatically and remotely, to lay foundations for applications of the Internet of Things in forestry.
KeywordsSensing forest system The internet of things System architecture Sensor nodes Data transfer
This work was supported in part by Project supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No.YX2011-8).
- 1.Zhang J, Li W, Han N, Kan J (2007) Forest fire detection system based on ZigBee wireless sensor network. J Beijing For Univ 29(4):41–45Google Scholar
- 2.Liu Q, Cui L, Chen H (2010) Key technologies and applications of internet of things. Comput Sci 37(6):1–4Google Scholar
- 5.Akyildiz IF, Melodia T, Chowdhury KR (2008) Wireless multimedia sensor networks: applications and testbeds, 08855-1331. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc, Piscataway, pp 1588–1605Google Scholar
- 6.Sharif A, Potdar V, Chang E (2009) Wireless multimedia sensor network technology: a survey. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc, Cardiff, pp 606–613Google Scholar
- 8.Mangharam R, Rowe A, Rajkumar R, Suzuki R (2006) Voice over sensor networks, 27th IEEE international real-time systems symposium, RTSS, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, pp 291–302, 5–8 Dec 2006Google Scholar