What Is Worrisome About Solar Power Satellites?
Part of the SpringerBriefs in Space Development book series (BRIEFSSPACE)
This chapter addresses some technological constraints, implementation costs and other challenges facing space solar power satellite systems.
KeywordsMicrowave Transportation Radar Drilling Flare
- de Selding. P. B. 2011a. LightSquared suffers setbacks on two fronts. Space News. http://www.spacenews.com/satellite_telecom/110617-lightsquared-setbacks-two-fronts.html. Accessed 20 June 2011.
- de Selding. P. B. 2011b. Thaicom 5 quickly restored to service. Space News. http://www.spacenews.com/satellite_telecom/110422-thaicom5-service-restored.html. Accessed 22 April 2011.
- Clark, S. 2009. Cosmic Katrina. BBC Knowledge. September/October.Google Scholar
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology. 2011. Mars Exploration Rover Mission. http://marsrover.nasa.gov. Accessed 30 June 2011.
- SBSP Study Group. 2007. Space-based solar power as an opportunity for strategic security, phase 0 architecture feasibility study: report to the director, National Security Space Office interim assessment. http://www.nss.org/settlement/ssp/library/nsso.htm. Accessed 15 June 2011.
- Schrtz, E. I. 2010. A brief history of space junk. Wired. June.Google Scholar
- Taverna, M. A. & F. Morring, Jr. 2011. Prodigal son returns. Aviation Week & Space Technology. January 24/31.Google Scholar
- Werner, D. 2010. Profile: Nicholas Johnson. Space News. www.spacenews.com. Accessed 10 May 2010.
© Don 2012