Influence of Structural Parameters of Carbon Nanotubes on their Thermal Conductivity: Numerical Assessment
This paper focuses on the influence of different parameters of carbon nanotubes (CNT) like length, diameter and chiral vector on its thermal conductivity. To calculate the value of CNT thermal conductivity, a molecular modeling technique was used. For this purpose a special algorithm based on non-equilibrium molecular dynamic was implemented in commercial software.
KeywordsThermal Conductivity Heat Flux Mean Free Path Thermal Interface Material Chiral Vector
This work was performed as part of the framework for the “CArbon NanOtubes/ePoxY composites (CANOPY)” project; Eurypides contract no. 06-176. Authors acknowledge Wroclaw Center for Networking and Supercomputing (WCSS) for the possibility of using modeling software and hardware.
- 1.Saito R et al (1992) Electronic structure of chiral graphene tubules. App Phys Lett 60:2205Google Scholar
- 2.Ruoff RS et al (2003) Mechanical properties of carbon nanotubes: theoretical predictions and experimental measurements. C R Physique 4:993–1008Google Scholar
- 6.Ashurts WT, Hoover WG (1975) Dense-fluid shear viscosity via nonequilibrium molecular dynamics. Phys Rev A 11:658Google Scholar
- 8.Fischer JE (2005) Carbon nanotubes: structure and proprties. In: Gogotsi Y (ed) Nanotubes and nanofibers. CRC Press, Boca Raton, pp 1–36Google Scholar
- 11.Material property database: http://www.matweb.com