The ERP Hosting Use Case Scenario
Business applications are increasing delivered as on-demand services and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are a common way to specify the exact conditions under which these services should be delivered, both for business- and IT-based services. This paradigm of service-orientation is expanding into different domains, including business and IT-based services. Services are composed of other services across domains, and as such SLAs must be managed across service hierarchies. Here, we present the lessons learned from applying a generic, multi-layer SLA management framework to the context of on-demand business applications. We explain the architecture implemented and show how a hierarchy of services can be managed using SLAs. We also explain how SLAs can be established for different layers and how SLA terms are translated across the service hierarchy.
KeywordsPareto Front Service Level Agreement Business Application Enterprise Resource Planning Business Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amazon: Amazon simple storage service (2008). URL http://aws. amazon.com/de/s3/. Last retrieved 2010-09-01
- 2.Armbrust, M., et al.: Above the clouds: A berkeley view of cloud computing. Report, UC Berkeley Reliable Adaptive Distributed Systems Laboratory (2009). URL http://radlab.cs.berkeley.edu/
- 3.Bodenstaff, L., Wombacher, A., Reichertand, M., Jaeger, M.: Monitoring dependencies for slas: The mode4sla approach. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Services Computing, 2008. SCC 08, pp. 21–29 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Google: Google app engine (2008). URL http://code.google.com/intl/de/appengine/. Last retrieved 2010-09-01
- 5.HP: Soa governance interoperability framework (gif) (2009). URL https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/display/main/hpms\_content.jsp?zn=bto\&cp=1-11-130-27\%5E2804\_4000\_100\_\_. Last retrieved 2010-09-01
- 6.Janssen, S., Marquard, U.: Sizing SAP Systems. SAP Press (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Kuo,W., Prasad, V.R., Tillman, F.A., Hwang, C.L.: Optimal reliability design: fundamentals and applications. Cambridge University Press (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, H., Casale, G., Ellahi, T.: Sla-driven planning and optimization of enterprise applications. In: Proceedings of the Joint WOSP/SIPEW International Conference on Performance Engineering, January 2010 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, H., Theilmann, W., Happe, J.: Sla translation in multi-layered service oriented architectures: Status and challenges. Technical Report 2009–8, Universit ¨at Karlsruhe (TH) (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Software-AG: Centrasite (2008). URL http://www.centrasite.org/. Last retrieved 2010-09-01