Influencing Factors Model of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Saudi Arabian Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
There is no doubt that information communication technologies are shaping industries all over the world, restructuring economies, and creating jobs, shaping the way how we work, learn, and spend free times. The impact of ICT in development is well documented in the literature and supported by many empirical studies. The increased global attention on the positive impact of ICTs on the development can be illustrated by the US Department of Commerce Report ‘Digital Economy 2000’, which credits the ICT industry for approximately 8% of output in the US economy in the year 2000 and approximately 30% of growth over the past 8 years.
KeywordsInformation Communication Technology Information Communication Technology Medium Enterprise Qualitative Comparative Analysis Digital Economy
- Buerki, L., Systemic Approach Charles Sturt University, Faculty of Commerce, School of Marketing and Management Seminar Series 2006.Google Scholar
- Checkland, P. and Holwell, S. Information, Systems and Information Systems: making sense of the field, Wiley, New York, 1998, pp. 19-32, 1998.Google Scholar
- Farhoomand, A., “Managing (e)Business Transformation: A Global Perspective”, Palgrave Macmillan, 2005.Google Scholar
- Fried, A. and Linss, V., “Toward an Advanced Impact Analysis of Intangible Resources in Organisations”, No.2, Papers and Preprints of the Department of Innovation Research and sustainable resource management (BWL IX), Chemnitz University of Technology. Available from: http://archive.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/2005/0120, 2005.
- Krivokapic- Skoko, B. “Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) and its Formal Instrument Boolean Algebra: A Middle Road” between Qualitative and Quantitative Comparative Research Strategies?” Paper presented at Annual Meeting of Australian Association of Social Research (AASR), October 2002.Google Scholar
- Krivokapić-Skoko, B. Boolean Algebra and the Comparative Method: Feature and Applications to Social Sciences. Paper presented at the second workshop on Research Methodology RM 2003 (25-27 June 2003, Amsterdam), the Royal Netherlands Academy of Art and Science, 2003.Google Scholar
- Lewin, R., Complexity: Life at the Edge of Chaos, 2nd edn. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- Messerli, P., “Use of Sensitivity Analysis to Evaluate Key Factors for Improving Slash-and-Burn Cultivation Systems on the Eastern Escarpment of Madagascar”, Mountain Research and Development Vol. 20, No 1, 2000, pp. 32–41, 2000.Google Scholar