Mechanical Basics of Laparoscopic Surgery
Flawless and smooth completion of laparoscopic surgical procedures requires complete understanding of equipment, techniques, and regional anatomy. This chapter details some of the basic principles common to all laparoscopic surgical procedures. It should be read and thoroughly understood as a background to the technical chapters that deal with specific surgical procedures.
KeywordsAbdominal Wall Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Laparoscopic Splenectomy Subcutaneous Emphysema Laparoscopic Surgeon
- Cuschieri A, Szabo Z. Tissue approximation in endoscopic surgery. Oxford: Isis Medical Media; 1995.Google Scholar
- Green FL, Taylor NC. Operating room configuration. In: Laparoscopic surgery. Philadelphia: Saunders; 1994. p. 34–41.Google Scholar
- Ponsky JF. Complications of endoscopic and laparoscopic surgery: prevention and management. Boston: Little Brown; 1997.Google Scholar
- SAGES laparoscopy troubleshooting guide. www.sages.org/wp-content/uploads/troubleshootingchart.pdf?447a5b. Accessed 13 Sep 2013.
- Soper N, Scott-Conner CEH, editors. The SAGES manual: fundamentals of laparoscopy and GI endoscopy, vol. I. New York: Springer Science + Business Media; 2012.Google Scholar