Low-Energy Earth-to-Halo Transfers in the Earth–Moon Scenario with Sun-Perturbation
In this work, trajectories connecting LEOs with halos around libration points of the Earth–Moon CRTBP are investigated. Suitable first guess solutions are searched linking together the stable manifolds of the halo orbits (of the EM spatial CRTBP) with the Earth-departing trajectories (built in the SE planar CRTBP). As a first step, small discontinuities, in terms of Δv are allowed and bounded through the box-covering approach, implemented with the software GAIO. Then, the first guess solutions are optimized in the bicircular four-body problem: single-impulse and two-impulse transfers are presented and discussed.
This work was supported by the Marie Curie Actions Research and Training Network AstroNet, Contract Grant No. MCRTN-CT-2006-035151.
- 1.Szebehely, V.: Theory of Orbits: the Restricted Problem of Three Bodies, Academic Press New York (1967)Google Scholar
- 4.Dellnitz, M. and Junge, O.: Set Oriented Numerical Methods for Dynamical Systems. Handbook of dynamical systems 2, North-Holland (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Farquhar, R.: Future Missions for Libration-Point Satellites. Astronautics and Aeronautics 7, 52–56 (1969)Google Scholar
- 7.Gómez, G. and Koon, WS and Lo, MW and Marsden, JE and Masdemont, J. and Ross, SD: Connecting orbits and invariant manifolds in the spatial restricted three-body problem. Nonlinearity 17, IOP Publishing (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Koon, W.S. and Lo, M.W. and Marsden, J.E. and Ross, S.D.: Heteroclinic Connections Between Periodic Orbits and Resonance Transitions in Celestial Mechanics. Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science 10,(2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Parker, J.S.: Families of Low-Energy Lunar Halo Transfers. AAS/AIAA Spaceflight Dynamics Conference 90, 1–20 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Simó, C. and Gómez, G. and Jorba, A. and Masdemont, J.: The Bicircular Model near the Triangular Libration Points of the RTBP. From Newton to Chaos pp. 343–370 (1995)Google Scholar