Damage characterization in Dual-Phase steels using X-ray tomography
In-situ tensile tests have been carried out during X-ray microtomography imaging of dual-phase steels. Void nucleation has been quantified as a function of strain and triaxiality using the obtained 3D images. The Argon's criterion of decohesion has then been used in a model for nucleation in the case where martensite plays the role of inclusions. This criterion has been modified to include the local stress field and the effect of kinematic hardening present in such an heterogeneous material.
KeywordsMetallurgical Transaction Ductile Fracture Duplex Stainless Steel Void Nucleation Kinematic Hardening
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Steinbrunner DL, Matlock DK, Krauss G, Void formation during tensile testing of dual phase steels, MetallurgicalTransactions A, Volume 19, Issue 3, pp 579-589,1988.Google Scholar
- 5.Avramovic-Cingara G, Saleh CAR, Jain M, Wilkinson DS, Void Nucleation and Growth in Dual-Phase Steel 600during Uniaxial Tensile Testing, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, Vlume 40, pp 3117-3127, 2009.Google Scholar
- 7.Thomason PF, Ductile Fracture of Metals, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1990.Google Scholar
- 8.Kwon D, Asaro RJ, A study of void nucleation, growth, and coalescence in spheroidized-1518 steel, MetallurgicalTransactions, Volume 21, Issue 1, pp 91-101, 1990.Google Scholar
- 10.Bugat S, Besson J, PineauA, Micromechanical modeling of the behavior of duplex stainless steels, ComputationalMaterials Science, Volume 16, Issue 1-4, 158-166, 1999.Google Scholar
- 11.Needleman A, A continuum model for void nucleation by inclusion debonding, Journal of Applied Mechanics, Volume54, pp 525-531, 1987.Google Scholar
- 13.Nutt SR, Needleman A, Void nucleation at fiber ends in Al-SiC composites, Scripta Materialia, Volume 21, Issue 5, pp705-710, 1987.Google Scholar
- 19.Abramoff MD, Magelhaes PJ, Ram SJ, Image Processing with ImageJ, Biophotonics International, Volume 11, Issue 7,pp 36-42, 2004.Google Scholar
- 22.Helbert AL, Feaugas X, Clavel M, Effects of microstructural parameters and back stress on damage mechanisms inalpha/beta titanium alloys, Acta Metallurgica, Volume 46, Issue 3, 939-951, 1998.Google Scholar
- 23.Allain S., Bouaziz O., Microstructure based modeling for the mechanical behavior of ferrite-pearlite steels suitable tocapture isotropic and kinematic hardening, Materials Science and Engineering A, Volume496, Issue 1-2, pp 329-336, 2008.Google Scholar
- 24.Grange RA, Hribal CR, Porter LF, Hardness of tempered martensite in carbon and low-alloy steels, MetallurgicalTransactions A, Volume 8, Issue 11, pp 1775-1787, 1977.Google Scholar
- 25.Kosco JB, Koss DA, Ductile fracture of mechanically alloyed iron-yttria alloys Metallurgical Transactions A, Volume24, Issue 3, pp 681-687, 1993.Google Scholar