Thermodynamic Properties of Ethylene at Saturation
In the development of an equation of state for a fluid, accurate values of vapor pressure, saturated vapor density and saturated liquid density are used to define the phase equilibrium conditions for temperatures between the triple point and critical point. The vapor pressure equation and equations for the density of the saturated liquid and the saturated vapor as functions of temperature include the critical region. The equations for the saturation states are given here with comparisons to data. These equations were determined using a stepwise regression procedure1 for the selection of an optimum group of terms from the various comprehensive functions.
KeywordsEntropy Argon Boiling Boulder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Wagner, Eine mathematisch statistische Methode zum Aufstellen thermodynamischer Gleichungen-gezeight am Beispiel der Dampfdruckkurve reiner fluiden Stoffe, VDI-Z, 3, No. 39 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.B. E. Gammon, Velocity of sound in ethylene, presented at the Advisory Committee Meeting of the Joint Industry-Government Ethylene Project, Boulder, Colorado (Dec. 6, 1978).Google Scholar
- 11.F. P. Lossing, Private communication to S. Angus reported in S. Angus, B. Armstrong, K. M. de Reuck, W. Feather stone and M. R. Gibson, “International thermodynamic tables of the fluid state, ethylene, 1972,” IUPAC, Butterworths, London (1974).Google Scholar
- 12.R. D. McCarty and R. T Jacobsen, “An equation of state for fluid ethylene,” U.S. Department of Commerce, National Bureau of Standards, Technical Note 1045 (July 1981).Google Scholar
- 14.R. D. McCarty, Private communication, National Bureau of Standards (July 1982).Google Scholar
- 15.J.M.H. Levelt Sengers, G. Olchowy and J. V. Sengers, National Bureau of Standards Technical Note, in Preparation (July 1983).Google Scholar
- 19.W. M. Haynes, Measurements of the orthobaric liquid density of ethylene (200–270 K), Private communication, National Bureau of Standards (July 1983).Google Scholar
- 20.E. A. Golovskii and V. A. Tsymarnyi, Density of fluid ethylene on phase equilibrium curves, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn, Zaved. Neft Gaz 20, No. 1:81 (1977).Google Scholar