Automorphisms of rational maps
Let f(z) be a rational map, Aut(f) the finite group of Möbius transformations commuting with f. We study the question: when can two kinds of more flexible automorphisms of the dynamics of f be realized in Aut(g) for some deformation g of f?
KeywordsPeriodic Point Mapping Class Group Kleinian Group Periodic Component Riemann Sphere
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BR]L. Bers, H. Royden. Holomorphic families of injections. To appear, Acta Mathematica.Google Scholar
- [DH2]A. Douady, J. Hubbard. A proof of Thurston’s topological characterization of rational maps. Preprint.Google Scholar
- [J]K. Johansson. On the mapping class group of simple 3 manifolds. In Topology of Low Dimensional Manifolds, Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes 722 (1979), pp.48–66.Google Scholar
- [MSS]R. Mañe′, P. Sad, D. Sullivan. On the dynamics of rational maps. Ann. sci. Ec. Norm. Sup. t. 16 (1983), pp. 193–217.Google Scholar
- [Mc1]C. McMullen. Families of rational maps and iterative root-finding algorithms. To appear, Annals of Mathematics.Google Scholar
- [Mc2]C. McMullen. Braiding of the attractor and the failure of iterative algorithms. MSRI Preprint, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Sul1]D. Sullivan. Conformal dynamical systems. In Geometric Dynamics, Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes 1007 (1983), pp. 725–752.Google Scholar
- [Sul3]D. Sullivan. Quasiconformal homeomorphisms and dynamics III: Topological conjugacy classes of analytic endomorphisms. Preprint.Google Scholar
- [ST]D. Sullivan, W. Thurston. Extending holomorphic motions. To appear, Acta Mathematica.Google Scholar
- [Th]W. Thurston. The Geometry and Topology of Three Manifolds. Lecture notes, Princeton University (1979).Google Scholar
- [W]G. Whyburn. Analytic Topology. AMS Coll. Publ. 28 (1942).Google Scholar
- [Z]H. Zieschang. Finite Groups of Mapping Classes of Surfaces. Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes 875 (1981).Google Scholar