Part of the Advances in Simulation book series (ADVS.SIMULATION, volume 6)
The Excitable Membrane: The Hodgkin-Huxley Model
These simulations include the Nernst potential for the relevant ions and the Goldman potential as the mechanism for calculating the resting potential [Plonsey, 1969].
KeywordsRate Coefficient Output Parameter Transmembrane Potential Extracellular Concentration Excitable Membrane
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Guyton, A.C.: Textbook of medical physiology. W.B. Saunders Company, 1986.Google Scholar
- Noble, D.: The initiation of the heartbeat. Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1975.Google Scholar
- Plonsey, R.: Bioelectric Phenomena. McGraw-Hill Book Company, Case Western Reserve University, 1969.Google Scholar
- Randall, J.E.: Microcomputers and Physiological Simulation. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Massachussetts, 1980.Google Scholar
- Talbot, S.A. and U. Gessner: Systems Physiology. John Wiley & Sons, Basel, 1973.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. 1993