Numerical Study of Initiation and Propagation of One-Dimensional Detonations
In this paper we briefly review some recent work centered on numerical simulation of initiation and propagation of reactive shock waves. This work is a joint project with A. Majda [1–3] with some very recent contributions by Majda’s Ph.D. student A. Bourlioux.
KeywordsInduction Time Nonlinear Acoustics Direct Initiation Weak Regime Unstable Detonation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Majda, A. and Roytburd, V., Numerical study of the mechanisms for initiation of reacting shock waves, Submitted to S.I.A.M. J. Sci. Stat Comput.Google Scholar
- Bourlioux, A., Majda, A. and Roytburd, V., Numerical modeling of unstable one-dimensional detonations, (in preparation).Google Scholar
- Bourlioux, A., Analysis of numerical method in a simplified detonation model, (in preparation).Google Scholar
- Alpert, R.L. and Toong, T.Y., Periodicity in hypersonic flows about blunt projectiles, Astronaut Acta 17, 539–560 (1972).Google Scholar
- Kapila, A. and Roytburd, V., Transition to detonation: a numerical study, to appear in Proc. of 3rd International Conference on Numerical Combustion (1989).Google Scholar
- Almgren, R., Majda, A. and Rosales, R., Rapid initiation through high frequency resonant nonlinear acoustics, in preparation.Google Scholar
- Majda, A. and Roytburd, V., A nonlinear theory of low frequency instabilities for reacting shock waves, in preparation.Google Scholar