Developments in Double k—Class Estimators of Parameters in Structural Equations
For estimating the parameters in a structural equation of a simultaneous equations model, Nagar proposed the family of double k—class estimators characterized by two scalars. This article reviews briefly the results dealing with the properties of estimators. Specifically, the issues in finite sample properties are highlighted and an appraisal is presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Agnihotri, B.S. , Some Properties of Double k-Class Estimators and Their Generalization in Simultaneous Equation Econometric Models, unpublished Ph.D. Thesis, Lucknow University, India.Google Scholar
- Basmann, R.L. , Exact Finite Sample Distribution for Some Econometric Estimators and Test Statistics—A Survey and Appraisal, Chapter 4 in Frontiers in Quantitative Economics, Vol. 2 (edited by M.D. Intriligator and D.A. Kendrick), North-Holland Publishing Company.Google Scholar
- Dhrymes, P.J.  - An Identity Between Double k-Class and Two Stage Least Squares Estimators, International Economic Review, Vol. 10, 115–116.Google Scholar
- Lye, J.N. , Further Exact Finite Sample Properties of Double k-Class Estimators in Simultaneous Equations,“ paper presented at the Econometric Society Australian Meeting, Christchurch, New Zealand.Google Scholar
- Mariano, R.S. , Analytical Small—Sample Distribution Theory in Econometrics—The Simultaneous—Equations Case, International Economic Review, Vol. 3, 168–188.Google Scholar
- Phillips, P.C.B. , Exact Small Sample Theory in the Simultaneous Equations Model, Chapter 8 in Handbook of Econometrics, Vol. 1, (edited by Z. Griliches and M.D. Intriligator) North—Holland Publishing Company.Google Scholar
- Roy, A.R. and V.K. Srivastava , Generalized Double k—Class Estimators,“ Journal of the Indian Statistical Association, Vol. 4, 38–46.Google Scholar
- Srivastava, V.K. and B.S. Agnihotri , A Linear and Consistent Class of Econometric Estimators in Simultaneous Equations,“ Journal of the Korean Statistical Society, Vol. 8, 117–124.Google Scholar
- Srivastava, V.K., B.S. Agnihotri and T.D. Dwivedi , Dominance of Double k—Class Estimators in Simultaneous Equations, Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Vol. 32, 387–392.Google Scholar
- Srivastava, V.K., T.D. Dwivedi, M. Belinksy and R. Tiwari , A Numerical Comparison of Exact, Large—Sample and Small—Disturbance Approximations of Properties of k—Class Estimators, International Economic Review, Vol. 21, 249–252.Google Scholar
- Srivastava, V.K. and R. Tiwari , A Simple Derivation of the Identity Connecting Double k—Class and Two Stage Least Squares Estimators, Sankhya, Series C, Vol. 30, 1–2.Google Scholar
- Tsurumi, H. , Comparing Bayesian and Non—Bayesian Limited Information Estimators, Working Paper, Rutgers University.Google Scholar
- Zellner, A. , Further Results on Bayesian Minimum Expected Loss (MELO) Estimates and Posterior Distributions for Structural Coefficients, Advances in Econometrics, Vol. 5, 171–182.Google Scholar