Stability of Nonlinear Waves
Various stability results for nonlinear hyperbolic waves are described. Basic elements of a general theory such as decomposition into normal modes, time-invariants, hyperbolic-parabolic methods and time-asymptotic equivalence of physical systems are explained for physical models.
KeywordsCombustion Convection Soliton vERI
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Glimm, J. and Lax, P.D., Decay of solutions of nonlinear hyperbolic conservation laws, Memoirs, A.M.S., 101 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.—, Resonance for quasilinear hyerbolic equation, Bulletin, A.M.S., 6 (1982), 462–465.Google Scholar
- 9.—, Nonlinear stability of shock waves for viscous conservation laws, Memoirs, A.M.S. No. 328 (1985).Google Scholar
- 10.—, Shock waves for compressible Navier-Stokes equations are nonli-nearly stable, Comm. Pure. Appl. Math, (to appear).Google Scholar
- 11.Nishida, T., Global smooth solutions for the second order quasilinear wave equations with first order dissipation, Publications Math. d’Orsay (1978).Google Scholar