Rheumatic Fever: Diagnosis and Therapy
This report was prepared by obtaining facts from the recent literature, and it is based on my 20 years of experience during which I cared for at least 525 patients with rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease at Children’s hospital, Bangkok, Thailand.
KeywordsArthritis Hepatitis Leukemia Aspirin Tuberculosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.American Heart Association Brochure: Jones Criteria (revised) for guidance in the diagnosis of rheumatic fever by committee on rheumatic fever and bacterial endocarditis. 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.Dharmasakd D, Vongprateep C: Long term follow-up of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease at Children’s Hospital. J Pediatr Soc Thailand March-September 1978.Google Scholar
- 6.Markowitz M, Gordis L: Rheumatic Fever, ed 2. Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 1972.Google Scholar
- 7.Stollerman GH: Rheumatic Fever and Streptococcal Infection. New York, Grune & Stratton, 1975.Google Scholar
- 8.Strasser T, Dondog N, AL Kholy A, Etal: The community control of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease: Report of a WHO International Cooperative Project. WHO Bull 59: 2, 1981.Google Scholar
- 9.Taranta A, Markowitz M: Rheumatic fever. A guide to its recognition, prevention and cure. With special reference to developing countries. MTP Press Ltd 1981.Google Scholar
- 10.Uk And Us Joint Report: The natural history of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease: cooperative clinical trial of ACTH, cortisone and aspirin. Circulation 32: 457, 1967.Google Scholar