Rheumatic Fever: Diagnosis and Therapy
This report was prepared by obtaining facts from the recent literature, and it is based on my 20 years of experience during which I cared for at least 525 patients with rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease at Children’s hospital, Bangkok, Thailand.
KeywordsRheumatic Fever Rheumatic Heart Disease Streptococcal Infection Acute Rheumatic Fever Rheumatic Carditis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.American Heart Association Brochure: Jones Criteria (revised) for guidance in the diagnosis of rheumatic fever by committee on rheumatic fever and bacterial endocarditis. 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.Dharmasakd D, Vongprateep C: Long term follow-up of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease at Children’s Hospital. J Pediatr Soc Thailand March-September 1978.Google Scholar
- 6.Markowitz M, Gordis L: Rheumatic Fever, ed 2. Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 1972.Google Scholar
- 7.Stollerman GH: Rheumatic Fever and Streptococcal Infection. New York, Grune & Stratton, 1975.Google Scholar
- 8.Strasser T, Dondog N, AL Kholy A, Etal: The community control of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease: Report of a WHO International Cooperative Project. WHO Bull 59: 2, 1981.Google Scholar
- 9.Taranta A, Markowitz M: Rheumatic fever. A guide to its recognition, prevention and cure. With special reference to developing countries. MTP Press Ltd 1981.Google Scholar
- 10.Uk And Us Joint Report: The natural history of rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease: cooperative clinical trial of ACTH, cortisone and aspirin. Circulation 32: 457, 1967.Google Scholar