Small-Time Reachable Sets and Time-Optimal Feedback Control
This paper describes selected aspects of a direct geometric approach to time-optimal control. The underlying idea is to obtain a regular synthesis of time-optimal controls from a precise knowledge of the structure of the small-time reachable set for an extended system to which time has been adjoined as extra coordinate.
KeywordsAdmissible Control Conjugate Point Singular Control Extremal Trajectory Extra Coordinate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. A. Agrachev and R. V. Gamkrelidze, Symplectic geometry for optimal control, in Nonlinear Controllability and Optimal Control(H. SUSSMANN, ed.), Marcel Dekker, 1990, pp. 263–277.Google Scholar
- N. BoURBAKl, Elements of Mathematics, Lie Groups and Lie Algebras, Chapters 1–3, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1989.Google Scholar
- N. JACOBSON, Lie Algebras, Dover, New York, 1979.Google Scholar
- I.A.K. KUPKA, The ubiquity of Fuller’s phenomenon, in Nonlinear Controllability and Optimal Control,(H. SUSSMANN, ed.), Marcel Dekker, New York, 1990, pp. 313–350.Google Scholar
- H. SCHATTLER, Conjugate points and intersections of bang-bang trajectories, Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Tampa, Florida, (1989), pp. 1121–1126.Google Scholar
- H. SCHÄTTLER, A local feedback synthesis of time-optimal stabilizing controls indimension three,Mathematics of Control, Signals and Systems, Vol.4, (1991), pp.293–313.Google Scholar
- H. SCHATTLER, Extremal trajectories, small-time reachable sets and local feedback synthesis: a synopsis of the three-dimensional case, in Nonlinear Synthesis, Proceedings of the IIASA Conference on Nonlinear Synthesis, Sopron, Hungary, June 1989, (C. I. BYRNES, A. KURZHANSKY, eds.), Birkhauser, Boston, 1991, pp. 258–269.Google Scholar
- H. SCHATTLER AND M. JANKOVIC, A synthesis of time-optimal controls in the presence of saturated singular arcs, Forum Mathematicum.Google Scholar
- H. SUSSMANN, Lie brackets and real analyticity in control theory,in Mathematical Control Theory,Banach Center Publications, Vol.14, Polish Scientific Publishers, Warsaw, Poland, 1985, pp. 515–542.Google Scholar
- H. SUSSMANN, A product expansion for the Chen series, in Theory and Applications of Nonlinear Control Systems(C. BYRNES, A. LLNDQUIST, eds.) North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1986, pp. 323–335.Google Scholar
- H. SUSSMANN, Envelopes, conjugate points, and optimal bang-bang extremals, in Proceedings of the 1985 Paris Conference on Nonlinear Systems(M. FLIESS, M. HAZEWINKEL, eds.) Reidel Publishing, Dordrecht, 1987.Google Scholar
- H. SUSSMANN, Envelopes, high order optimality conditions and Lie brackets,Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Tampa, Florida, (1989), pp. 1107–1112Google Scholar