Advertisement

Blood and Bone Marrow

  • Robert L. Bacon
  • Nelson R. Niles

Abstract

Blood is a liquid tissue that is pumped by the heart through the circulatory system. About 45% of the volume of blood is composed of cells; the remaining 55% is liquid plasma in which these cells are suspended. The percentage of blood volume occupied by packed cells, which is determined by centrifugation in a standardized tube, is the hematocrit. This volume varies widely in different diseases (Table 9.1, page 170).

Keywords

Bone Marrow Scan Electron Micrograph Specific Granule Bone Marrow Disease Liquid Plasma 
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.

Preview

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Copyright information

© Springer-Verlag New York Inc. 1986

Authors and Affiliations

  • Robert L. Bacon
    • 1
  • Nelson R. Niles
    • 2
  1. 1.School of MedicineOregon Health Sciences UniversityUSA
  2. 2.School of MedicineOregon Health Sciences UniversityUSA

Personalised recommendations