In this introduction we summarise the origin and purpose of the Conference, its antecedents, the plan of the proceedings, and an overview of the main points that emerged from the papers and in the discussion session.
KeywordsSystem Science Organization Design Equal Employment Opportunity Session Chairman Introductory Statement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Trist, E.L. (1976) Action research and adaptive planning. In: Clark, A.W. (ed.) Experimenting with organisational life: the action research approach. New York and London, Plenum Press. 259 ppGoogle Scholar
- (2).This historical material was obtained from Claude S. George, Junior: The history of management thought Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall Inc., 1968.Google Scholar
- (3).See George, op. cit. pp 33–39, where he makes reference to Frederic C. Lane: Venetian ships and shipbuilders of the Renaissance. Baltimore, John Hopkins Press, 1934.Google Scholar
- (4).Ibid, pp 36–37.Google Scholar
- (5).Ibid, p 37.Google Scholar
- (6).Lawrence, J.R. (ed.) (1966) Operational research and the social sciences. London, Tavistock Publications.Google Scholar
- (7).Cook, S. (1966) Discussion and Commentary, Chapter 20. In: Lawrence, J.R. (ed.) Operational research and the social sciences London, Tavistock Publications.Google Scholar
- (8).Florio, R. (1969) Man at work. Int. J. Educ. Sci., Vol No. 3, pp 175–187.Google Scholar
- (9).Vroom and Yetton (1973). Leadership and decision making. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press.Google Scholar