Low Temperature Heat Capacity of Disordered ZrZn2
It was pointed out recentlyl that the Curie temperature of the weak ferromagnet ZrZn2 is quite sensitive to lattice order and that it decreases with increased disorder. A well-disordered (or amorphous) ZrZn2 can be prepared effectively by quick condensation; we report here our results of low temperature heat capacity on such samples.
KeywordsQuartz Carbide Tungsten Molybdenum Calorimetry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Viswanathan, H.L. Luo and D.O. Massetti, AIP Conf. Proc. on Magnetism & Magnetic Materials, #5, 1290 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.D.O. Massetti, M.S. thesis, University of California at San Diego (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Kammerdiner, M.S. thesis, University of California at San Diego (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Kammerdiner and H.L. Luo, J.Appl.Phys. (October 1972).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Veal, F.M. Mueller, R. Afshar and J. Shaffer, AIP Conf. Proc.on Magnetism & Magnetic Materials, #5, 1285 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.J.R. Clinton, private communication.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Viswanathan and L. Kammerdiner, Phys.Letters (submitted for publication).Google Scholar