Recent Beam-Foil Mean-Life Measurements in Fluorine V-VIII
For transitions below 1000 Å the mean lives of foil-excited states in fluorine received little attention prior to 1974: only nine levels had been studied 1–4. In that year, complementary projects to measure radiative mean lives in fluorine were undertaken at the University of Alberta and Université Laval. At Alberta, a 2 MV Van de Graaff machine has been used with a l m. normal incidence spectrometer to measure beam-foil decay curves in FI-IV above about 350 Å 5. At Laval, a 7.5 MV Van de Graaff machine has been used in conjunction with a 2.2 m. grazing incidence spectrometer to study spectra and mean lives of F V-VIII in the spectral range 70–350Å. It is the purpose of this report to present the results of the latter project that have been analysed so far.
KeywordsOscillator Strength Decay Curve Small Step Size Dial Gauge Beam Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. Barrette, E.J. Knystautas, B. Neveu and R. Drouin, Phys. Letters 32A, 435(l970).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Barrette and R. Drouin, Can. J. Spectrosc. l8, 50(1973).Google Scholar
- 5.E.H. Pinnington, D.J.G. Irwin, A.E. Livingston and J.A. Kernahan (to be published).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Barrette, D. Sc. Thesis, Departement de physique, Université Laval (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.R.L. Kelly and L.J. Palumbo, NRL Report 7599 (Washington DC: Naval Research Laboratory, 1973).Google Scholar
- 12.L.C. Northcliffe and R.F. Schilling, Nuclear Data Tables, Sec. A 7, Nos. 3 and 4(l970).Google Scholar
- 13.D.J.G. Irwin and A.E. Livingston (submitted to Can. J. Phys., October 1974).Google Scholar
- 16.W.L. Wiese, M.W. Smith, and B.M. Glennon, NSRDS-NBS4, Vol. I (l966).Google Scholar
- 17.A.W. Weiss, J. Res. Natl. Bur. Stand. U.S.A. 71, 163(1967).Google Scholar
- 18.E.J. Knystautas and R. Drouin, J. Phys. B (in press).Google Scholar
- 20.L. Barrette, D.J.G. Irwin and R. Drouin, Phys. Scr. (in press).Google Scholar