Determination of Cyclic GMP in Biological Material
Guanosine 3′,5′-monophosphate (cGMP) has been detected in most animal (11) and plant (12) tissues and in bacteria (1). Its concentration generally varies between 10-8 and 10-7 mol/kg wet weight, although in some cases it can be as high as 10-6 mol/kg (11). This is very low compared to the concentrations of related nucleotides and of cAMP.
KeywordsCellulose Adenosine Bacillus Charcoal Dextran
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (2).BÖHME, E., and SCHULTZ, G., (1974), Separation of cyclic nucleotides by thin layer chromatography on polyethyleneimine cellulose, in “Methods in Enzymology”, ed. by S.P. Colowick and N.O. Kaplan, 38, 27Google Scholar
- (3).BROOKER, G. (1972), High pressure anion exchange chromatography and enzymatic isotope displacement assays for cyclic AMP and cyclic GMP, Adv. Cyclic Nucl. Research 2, 111Google Scholar
- (11).GOLDBERG, N.D., O’DEA, R.F. and HADDOX, M.K. (1973), Cyclic GMP, Adv. Cycl. Nucl. Res. 3, 155Google Scholar
- (12).HADDOX, M.K., STEPHENSON, J.H., and GOLDBERG, N.D. (1974) Cyclic GMP in meristematic and elongating regions of bean root. Fed. Proc. 33, 522Google Scholar
- (15).JAKOBS, K.H., BÖHME, E., MOCIKAT, S. (1974). Cyclic GMP formation in human platelets. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Arch. Pharmacol. 282, R 40Google Scholar
- (16).JAKOBS, K.H., BÖHME, E., SCHULTZ, G. (1974). Determination of cyclic GMP and cyclic AMP in human platelets. Second International Conference on Cyclic AMP, Vancouver 1974, Abstracts, 51Google Scholar
- (17).KRISHNA, G., WEISS, B. and BRODIE, B.B. (1968) A simple sensitive method for the assay of adenyl cyclase. J. Pharmacol, exper. Therap. 163, 379Google Scholar
- (19).KUO, J.F., WYATT, G.R. and GREENGARD, P. (1971) Cyclic nucleotide-dependent protein kinases. IX. Partial purification and some properties of guanosine 3’,5’-monophosphate-dependent and adenosine 3’,5’-monophosphate-dependent protein kinases from various tissues and species of arthropoda. J. Biol. Chem. 246, 7159PubMedGoogle Scholar
- (20).KUO, J.F., LEE, T.P., REYES, P.L., WALTON, K.G. DONNELLY, T.E., and GREENGARD, P. (1972) Cyclic nucleotide-dependent protein kinases. X. Assay method for measurement of guanosine 3’,5’-monophosphate in various biological materials and a study of agents regulating its levels in heart and brain. J. Biol. Chem. 247, 16PubMedGoogle Scholar
- (26).SCHULTZ, G., BÖHME, E., and HARDMAN, J.G. (1974). Separation and purification of cyclic nucleotides by ion-exchange resin column chromatography, in “Methods in Enzymology”, ed. by S.P. Colowick and N.O. Kaplan, 38, 9Google Scholar
- (27).SCHULTZ, G., and HARDMAN, J.G. (1974). Determination of cyclic GMP by formation of (ß-32P) GDP, in “Methods in Enzymology”, ed. by S.P. Colowick and N.O. Kaplan, 38, 106Google Scholar
- (32).WUNDERWALD, P., and MICHAL, G. (1974), personal communicationGoogle Scholar