Some Trends in Shape Production for Artificial Quartz Crystals
It has been shown [1–3] that the supposed growth pyramids of the m hexagonal prism in natural quartz crystals have growth layers parallel to rhombohedron faces, from which it was concluded that the m faces are passive, with no growth occurring on them, and that the growth pyramids of m faces do not exist in the usual sense. This does not agree with the scheme of  for the sector structure of quartz crystals. This meant that it was necessary to examine the trends in form production and sector structure in quartz crystals grown under artificial control conditions. Particular interest attaches to crystals grown on small spherical seeds, since in that case we approximate to the growth conditions for point seeds .
KeywordsCrystallization Quartz Hexagonal Stratification Pyramid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. F. Kashkurov, V. T. Ushakovskii, L. N. Chernyi, I. V. Kabanovich, and G. V. Kleshchev. Zap. Vses. Min. Obshch., ser. 2, 96:25 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.V. T. Ushakovskii, K. F. Kashkurov, L. N. Chernyi, I. V. Kabanovich, and G. V. Kleshchev. In:Optics and Molecular Spectroscopy [in Russian], Vol. 1, Izd. Chelyab. Ped. Inst., (1968), 86.Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Bryzgalov, L. N. Chernyi, I. V. Kabanovich, and G. V. Kleshchev. In:Optics and Molecular Spectroscopy [in Russian], Vol. 1, Izd. Chelyab. Ped. Inst., (1968), 86.Google Scholar
- 4.G. G. Lammlein. Sector Structure in Crystals [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR, Moscow (1948).Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Kleshchev, A. N. Bryzgalov, K. F. Kashkarov, G. M. Safronov, A. V. Simonov, and P. P. Butorin. Zh. Neorg. Mat., 4 (3):362 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.G. V. Kleshchev and A. N. Bryzgalov. This volume, p. 133.Google Scholar
- 7.I. V. Kabanovich, L. N. Chernyi, G. V. Kleshchev, V. T. Ushakovskii, and K. F. Kashkarov. Min. Sborn., No. 4, Izd. L’vov Univ. (1966), p. 575.Google Scholar
- 8.N. N. Sheftal’. Vestnik LGU, No. 6, p. 22 (1966).Google Scholar