Sheet Resistivity and Hall Effect Measurements of Aluminium Implanted Silicon and Silicon Films on Sapphire
Bulk silicon and silicon films on sapphire have been implanted with 40 keV aluminium ions. The doses used were between 2.5 x 1012 and 1.0 x 1016 ions/cm2. The annealing behaviour of the implanted layers was studied by sheet resistivity and Hall effect measurements. The annealing was performed in the temperature range 300 to 800°C. As a rule the sheet resistivity was found to be higher for aluminium implantations in silicon on sapphire than corresponding implantations in bulk silicon. It was also found that the recrystallization of a continuous amorphous layer occurs at 500°C in silicon (100) on sapphire, which is about 50°C lower than in bulk silicon (111).
KeywordsPhosphorus Boron Recrystallization Resis Sapphire
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.W. Mayer, L. Eriksson, and J.A. Davies, Ion Implantation in Semiconductors, Academic Press, New York, 1970.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Dearnaley, J.H. Freeman, R.S. Nelson, and J.H. Stephen, Ion Implantation. North Holland, Amsterdam, 1973.Google Scholar
- 5.T.E. Seidel and A.U. MacRae, Trans. AIME 245, 491 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.K.H. Eklund and Å. Andersson, Proc. II Int. Conf. on Ion Implantation in Semiconductors (ed. I. Ruge and J. Graul ), Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1971, p. 103.Google Scholar
- 9.F.L. Vook, Proc. Int. Conf. on Radiation Damage and Defects in Semiconductors, Reading, 1972, p. 60.Google Scholar