Identification of Polychlorinated Dioxins (PCDDs) and Dibenzofurans (PCDFs) in Human Samples, Occupational Exposure and Yusho Patients
A number of PCDDs and PCDFs have been identified in human samples. The analytical technique used allows the identification and quantification of individual isomers. The detection levels were in the pg/g region (ppt). The samples analyzed include blood plasma from occupationally exposed workers and also various samples from the Yusho episodes in Japan in 1968 and in Taiwan in 1979.
KeywordsBlood Plasma Human Sample Chlorinate Phenol Phenoxy Acid Phenoxy Acid Herbicide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rappe, C. and Buser, H.R. Chemical Properties and Analytical Methods. In: Kimbrough, R., ed. Halogenated Biphenyls, Terphenyls, Naphthalenes, Dibenzodioxins and Related Products. Amsterdam, Elsevier/North-Holland, 1980, pp. 41–76.Google Scholar
- 2.Stalling, D.L., Petty, J.D., Smith, L.M., Rappe, C. and Buser, H.R. Isolation and Analysis of Polychlorinated Dibenzo- furans in Aquatic Samples. In: Hutzinger, O., Frei, R.W., Merian, E. and Pocchiari, F., eds. Chlorinated Dioxins and Related Compounds — Impact on the Environment. Pergamon, Press, Oxford 1982, pp. 77–85.Google Scholar
- 4.Stalling, D.L., Smith, L.M., Petty, J.D., Hogan, J.W., Johnson, J.L., Rappe, C. and Buser, H.R. Residues of Poly- chlorinated-p-dioxins and Dibenzofurans in Laurentian Great Lakes Fish. These Proceedings.Google Scholar
- 5.Buser, H.R. and Rappe, C. High-Resolution Gas Chromatography of the 22 Tetrachloro-dibenzo-p-dioxin Isomers. Anal. Chem. 52:2257–2262, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.Rappe, C., Nygren, M., Buser, H.R. and Kauppinen, T. Occupational Exposure to Polychlorinated Dioxins and Dibenzofurans. In: Hutzinger, O., Frei, R.W., Merian, E. and Pocchiari, F. eds. Chlorinated Dioxins and Related Compounds - Impact on the Environment. Pergamon Press, Oxford. 1982, pp. 495–513.Google Scholar