Schlieren Photography of Metallic Diaphragm Rupturing and Shock Formation Processes
The visualisation of aluminium diaphragm rupturing process and its subsequent shock formation process have been studied using a series of single—shot schlieren photography. A simple theory (1) has been proposed for the diaphragm opening time. The shock formation process is solved by an approximate method using a series of ‘stepped’ pressure pulses. Good agreement between the theories and the respective experimental results were obtained.
Photographie Schlieren de la Rupture D’Un Diaphragme Métallique et Processus de Formation du Choc
Schlierenphotographie Berstender Metallmembrane und Stossbildungsprozesse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Lim, L.E.N. University of Surrey Ph.D. Thesis (1973)Google Scholar
- (2).Satofuka, N. Inst. Space Aero. Sc. U. of Tokyo Rept. 451 (1970)Google Scholar
- (3).Simpson, C.J.S.M. et al. NPL Aero Rept 1194 (1966)Google Scholar
- (4).White, D. J. Fl. Mech. 4, 585 (1958)Google Scholar
- (5).Ikui, T. et al. Trans. J.S.M.E. 34 (267) (1961, 1968)Google Scholar
- (7).Edwards, D.G. Aero J1. 57 (1970)Google Scholar