The Cat Methodology for Fault Tree Construction
This paper presents a methodology for the systematic construction of fault trees based on decision tables. The presentation is made through an example. The modeling capability of decision tables is demonstrated and the construction of a fault tree from the decision tables is shown in a step by step fashion.
KeywordsNormal Output Decision Table Fault Tree Electric Power Research Institute Normal Input
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Lapp and G. J. Powers, “The Synthesis of Fault Trees”, in: Nuclear Systems Reliability Engineering and Risk Assessment, J, B. Fussell and G. R. Burdick, eds., SIAM, Philadelphia (1977) pp 778–799.Google Scholar
- 2.J. R. Taylor and E. Hollo, “Experience with Algorithms for Automatic Failure Analysis”, same ref. as ,Google Scholar
- 3.J. B. Fussell, “A Formal Methodology for Fault Tree Construction”, Nucl. Sci. Eng., 52:421 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.S. L. Salem, J. S. Wu, and G. Apostolakis, “Decision Table Development and Application to the Construction of Fault Trees”, Nucl. Technol., 42:51 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.S. L. Salem, J. S. Wu, and G. E. Apostolakis, “CAT: A Computer Code for the Automated Construction of Fault Trees,” EPRI Report NP-705, Electric Power Research Institute (1978).Google Scholar