Ultrastructure of Cultured Leukemia Cell Lines
The aim of the study reported in this chapter was to evaluate how ulrestructure can be used to determine the direction and level of differentiation of permanent cell lines derived from patients with acute leukemias. The ultrastructure of the selected cell lines has not been well described until now and to the best of my knowledge no comparative study has been made.
KeywordsGolgi Complex Irregular Nucleus Permanent Cell Line Prominent Nucleolus Acute Lymphatic Leukemia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hiraki S, Miyoshi I. Kubonishi I, Matsuda Y, Nakayama T, Kishimoto H, Masuji H Human leukemic “null” cell line (Nail-1). Cancer 40: 2131–2135. 1977.Google Scholar
- 3.Hiraki S. Miyoshi 1, Masuji H, Kubonishi I, Matsuda Y, Nakayama T. Kishimoto H, Chen P. Kimura I. Establishment of an Epstein-Barr virus-determined nuclear antigen-negative human B-celt line from acute lymphoblastic leukemia: Brief com¬munication. I Natl Cancer Inst 59: 93–94, 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.Minowada J, Ohnuma T, Moore GE. Brief communication: Rosette-forming human lymphoid cell lines: I. Estblishment and evidence for origin of thymus-derived lymphocytes. I Natl Cancer Inst 49: 891–895, 1972.Google Scholar
- 9.Lozzio BB, Lozzio CB. Properties and usefulness of the original K-562 human myelogenous leukemia cell line. Leuk Res 3: 363 370. 1979.Google Scholar
- 13.Gallagher R. Collins S, Trujillo J. McCredie K. Ahearn M, Tsai S. Metzgar R. Aulakh G. Ting R. Ruscetti F. Gallo R. Characterization of the continuous, differentiating myeloid cell line (HL-60) from a patient with acute promyelocytic leukemia. Blood 54: 713–7 33. 1979.Google Scholar
- 15.Bessis M. Living blood cells and their ultrastructure. Berlin/Heidelberg/New York: Springer Verlag, 1973. pp. 568–612.Google Scholar
- 16.Kataoka K. Mmowada J. Human leukemic T and B lymphoid cells: Comparison of their ultrastructure: Biomed Res 1: 32–41, 1980.Google Scholar
- 19.Schumacher HR, Szekely IE. Park SA. Rao UNM. Fisher DR, Patel SB. Acute leukemic cells: Qualitative and quantitative electron microscopy. Am J Pathol 73:27–46, 197 3.Google Scholar