Adjuvant Therapy for Prevention of Liver Metastases
A number of diseases can be successfully treated with perisurgical adjuvant therapy. In the case of gastrointestinal tumors, the best tested of the treatments involve the use of systemic therapy in combination with radiotherapy. The status of adjuvant therapy for adults is an area of active investigation. There are no firmly established treatments of choice.
KeywordsToxicity Depression Adenocarcinoma Heparin Mitomycin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.The Gastrointestinal Tumor Study Group. Adjuvant therapy of adenocarcinoma of the colon following clinically curative resection: An interim report from the Gastrointestinal Tumor Study Group. In Adjuvant Therapy of Cancer III, Jones, SE, Salmon, SE (eds). New York: Grune & Statton, 1981, pp. 527–537.Google Scholar
- 4.Mansour EG, MacIntyre JM, Johnson R, Lerner HJ, Muggia FM. Adjuvant studies in colorectal carcinoma: experience of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG). Preliminary report. In Progress and Prospects in the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Tumors, Gerard A, (ed). Oxford, NY: Pergamon Press, 1981, pp. 68–75.Google Scholar
- 6.Taylor I, Cooke T, Machin D, Harmon M. Adjuvant therapy of colorectal cancer with portal vein cytotoxic perfusion. Fourth International Conference on the Adjuvant Therapy of Cancer, Tucson, Arizona, March 21–24, 1984.Google Scholar
- 8.Kaplan RS, Childs DS, Learning RL, for the Gastrointestinal Group: Protocol GI 6179: adjuvant combination therapy of resectable adenocarcinoma of the colon with whole-liver irradiation and 5-fluorouracil, August 1979.Google Scholar
- 9.Mavligit GM, Gutterman JV, Macally MA, Burgess MA, McBride CM, Jubert A, Hersh EM. Adjuvant immunotherapy and chemoimmunotherapy in colorectal cancer (Dukes’ Class C). Prolongation of disease free interval and survival. Cancer 40:2726–2730, 1977.Google Scholar
- 11.Bruckner HW, Stablein DM, for the Gastrointestinal Tumor Study Group. Sites of treatment failure: Gastrointestinal Tumor Study Group analysis of gastric, pancreatic, and colorectal trials. Cancer Treatment Symposia 2:199–210, 1983.Google Scholar
- 12.Findlay IG, McArdle. Occult hepatic metastases in colon cancer. Gastroenterol 85:596–599, 1983.Google Scholar