Cardiac operations and transfusion requirements
The technique of cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) to support the patient during cardiac surgery can be performed safely nowadays.
KeywordsCardiopulmonary Bypass Fresh Freeze Plasma Postoperative Blood Loss Bubble Oxygenator Donor Unit
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Hardin SA, Shakorr MA, Guidon AJ: Platelet support for cardiopulmonary bypass surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 1975; 70: 350–53.Google Scholar
- 5.Geralnick HR, Fisher DR: The haemostatic response to open heart operations. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 1971; 61: 909–15.Google Scholar
- 6.Bachman F, McKenna R, Cole ER, Njafi: The haemostatic mechanism after open heart surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 1975; 70: 76–85.Google Scholar
- 8.Kalter RD, Saul ChM, Wetstein L, Sorians C, Reiss RF: Cardiopulmonary bypass associated haemostatic abnormalities. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 1977; 77: 427–35.Google Scholar
- 14.Ten Duis HJ: Intraoperative autotransfusion. Thesis, University of Groningen, 1982.Google Scholar
- 23.Boonstra PW, Karliczek GF, Homan van der Heide JN, Wildevuur ChRH: Cardiotomy suction related to type of operation and perfusion time. Submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 24.Boonstra PW, van Imhoff GW, Eijsman L, Kootstra GJ, Homan van der Heide JN, Karliczek GF, Wildevuur ChRH: Reduced platelet damage and improved haemostasis after controlled cardiotomy suction during clinical membrane oxygenator perfusions. Submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 25.Boonstra PW, Vermeulen FEE, Leusink JA, De Nooy EH, van Zalk A, Soons JBJ, Wildevuur ChRH: Clinical evaluation of the haematological advantage of a membrane oxygenerator over a bubble oxygenator in cardiopulmonary bypasses of long duration (3 hrs.). Submitted for publication.Google Scholar
© Martinus Nijhoff Publishers. Boston/Dordrecht/Lancaster 1985