Electrical Properties of a Fe2(MoO4)3 Catalyst
Multicomponent molybdate catalysts are currently used for the industrial oxidation and ammoxidation of propylene1–11. Most of the studies reported in literature concern simple molybdates taken as suitable model catalysts and structural defects have been invoked as responsible for the catalytic activity of such materials. Their nature has been investigated mainly by X-ray diffraction technique5–7. It appears evident that a more detailed study of the structural and related bulk properties as well as systematic measurements of the collective properties of such materials could contribute to the explanation of their catalytic properties. In the frame of this view, the electrical conductivity of a “pure”12 Fe2(MoO4)3 polycrystalline specimen was previously investigated and in the present work, electrical conductivity measurements as a function of temperature and oxygen partial pressure have been carried out on the Fe2 (MoO4)3 catalyst.
KeywordsCage Catalysis Molybdenum Molybdate Tellurium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. W. Sleight, Crystal Chemistry and Catalytic Properties of Oxides with Scheelite Structure,in: “Advanced Materials in Catalysis,” J. J. Burton, R. L. Garten, Eds., Academic Press, New York (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Veath, J. L. Callahan, J. D. Idol, E. D. Milberger,Chem. Engl. Prog. 5b (10): 65 (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Y. Robin, Y. Arnaud, J. Guidot, J. E. Germain,R. Acad. Sci. Ser. C 280: 921 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Forzatti, I. Pasquon, P. Trifiro, Tellurium as a Specific Component in New Molybdenum-Based Catalysts for the Selective Oxidation and Ammoxidation of Olefins, in: “Proceeding of the Climax 3rd International Conference on the Chemistry and Uses of Molybdenum,” H. F. Barry, P. C. H. Mitchell, Eds., Ann Arbor, Mich. (1979).Google Scholar
- 14.P. V. Klevtsov, R. F. Klevtsova, L. M. Kefeli, L. M. Plyasova,Inorg. Mater. 1:843 (1965).Google Scholar
- 15.L. M. Plyasova, R. F. Klevtsova, S. V. Borisov, L. M. Kefeli,Dokl. Akad. Nauk. 167:84 (1966).Google Scholar