Application of a Mesoscale Lagrangian Puff-Model to the Measurements of S02-Pollution Transports Over Belgium
Within the framework of the BeNeLux cooperationx, it was decided to use a same puff-model for interpretation of data from stationary air quality networks as well as for the data from dynamic remote sensing measurements. The model calculates the effects of local and mesoscale S02-transports on the air quality in the BeNeLux countries. Because same measuring techniques and a same interpretation scheme are now used within the BeNeLux, the analysis of individual country contribution to the general S02-patterns may be done in a uniform way.
KeywordsDeposition Velocity Model Area Total Deposition Incoming Solar Radiation Obukhov Length
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Businger, J.A., 1973, in “Workshop on Micrometeorology”, D.A. Haugen, ed.,Atm. Met. Soc.Google Scholar
- De Bruin, H.A.R., and Holtslag, A. A.M.,19.82, A. simple parameterization of the surface fluxes of sensible and latent heat during daytime compared with the Penman-Monteith concept, Journ. Appl. Meteor., 21:1610.Google Scholar
- van Egmond, N.D., and Kesseboom, H.,1983, Mesoscale air pollution dispersion models-I and -II, Atm. Env., 17:257.Google Scholar
- Fowler, D.,1978, Dry deposition on agricultural crops, Atm. Env., 12:369.Google Scholar
- Gillani, N.V.,1978, Mesoscale plume modelling of the dispersion, transformation and ground removal of S02, Atm. Env., 12:569.Google Scholar
- Holtslag, A.A.M., and van Ulden, A.P.,1983, De meteorologische aspecten van luchtverontreinigmgsmodellen, K.N.M.I. W.R. 83-4, De Bilt, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Venkatram, A.,1980, Estimating the Monin-Obukhov length in the stable boundary layer for dispersion calculations, Boundary-layer Met., 19:481.Google Scholar
- Weseley, M.L., and Hicks, B.B.,1977, Some factors that effect the deposition rates of sulphur dioxide and similar gases on vegetation, Journ. Air Pollut. Control Ass., 27:11 JO.Google Scholar
- Wieringa, J.,1980, Estimation of mesoscale and local-scale roughness for atmospheric transport modelling, in“Proc. 11th Int. Techn. Meeting on Air Pollut. Mod. and its Appl.”, NATO-CCMS, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar