Testicular Function and Hormone Status in Patients with Malignant Germ Tumors Germ Tumors Before and after Treatment
Testicular cancer is predominantly a malignancy of young men. The majority of these patients can be cured today, so that maintenance of fertility has become an important issue. It is, therefore, of interest to evaluate to what extent the various treatment regimes may influence fertility and hormone status in these patients.
KeywordsRadium Testosterone Cyclophosphamide Infertility Vincristine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. J. Peckham, A. Barrett, T. J. McElwain, and W. F. Hendry, Combined management of malignant teratoma of the testis,The Lancet, August II, (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.S. D. Fosså, O. Klepp, S. Ous, H. H. Lien, A. E. Stenwig, T. Abyholm, and O. Kaalhus, Unilateral retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in patients with non-seminomatous testicular tumor in clinical stage I, Europ.Urol., submitted (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.O. Klepp, S. D. Fosså, S. Ous, H. Lien, J. T. Stenwig, V. Abeler, G. Eliassen, and H. Host, Multi-modality treatment of advanced malignant germ cell tumors in males, I: Experience with cis-platinum-based combination chemotherapy, Scand.J. Urol.Neprhrol., in press (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.S. D. Fosså, O. Klepp, S. Ous, H. Lien, J. T. Stenwig, V. Abeler, G. Eliassen, and H. H6st, Multi-modality treatment in males with advanced malignant germ cell tumors, II: Experience with surgery and radiotherapy following cis-platinum-based chemotherapy, Scand.J.Urol.Nephrol., submitted (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.J. G. Berthelsen and N. E. Skakkebaek, Gonadal function in men with testis cancer,Fertility and sterility, 39:68–75 (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.B. P. Setchell, S. J. Main, and R. V. Davies, Effect of ligation of the efferent fucts of the testis on gonadotrophins and testosterone in rats,J.Endocrin., 72:13–14 (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.J. H. Lynch and W. C. Maxted, Use of ephidrine in post-lymphadectomy ejaculatory failure: A case report,J.Urol., 129, 139 (1983).Google Scholar
- 12.J. Donohue, R. Drasga, S. Williams, L. Einhorn, D. Patel, and E. Stevens: Gonadal function after chemotherapy in testicular cancer patients, The XIX Int.Congress of the Societe Internationale d’Urologie, San Francisco, September 173:5–10 (1982).Google Scholar