Parental genetic history is essential for appropriate genetic counseling either prior to or early in pregnancy.
KeywordsGenetic Counseling Sickle Cell Disease Spontaneous Abortion Artificial Insemination Pyloric Stenosis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wilson, JG: Embryotoxicity of drugs in man, in Wilson JG, Fraser FC (eds): Handbook of Teratology. New York, Plenum Press, 1977, pp 309–355Google Scholar
- 2.World Health Organization: Methods for the detection of haemophilia carriers: A memorandum. Bull WHO 55: 567–702, 1977Google Scholar
- 4.Hook, EB, Hamerton JL: The frequency of chromosome abnormalities detected in consecutive newborn studies-differences between studies-results by sex and by severity of phenotypic involvement, in Hook EB, Porter IH (eds): Population Cytogenetics. Studies in Humans. New York, Academic Press, 1977, pp 63–79Google Scholar
- 8.Lauritsen, J.G: Aetiology of spontaneous abortion: A cytogenetic and epidemiological study of 288 abortuses and their parents. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand [Suppl] 52: 3–28, 1976Google Scholar
- 13.Froehlich LA, Fujikura T: Congenital malformations in perinatal infant and child deaths, in Nishimura H, Miller JR (eds): Methods for Teratological Studies in Experimental Animals and Man. Tokyo, Igaku Shoin, 1969, pp 167–194Google Scholar
- 14.Nishimura, H: Prenatal versus postnatal malformations based on the Japanese experience on induced abortions in the human being, in Blandau RJ (ed): Aging Gametes: Their Biology and Pathology. Basel, S Karger, 1975, pp 349–368Google Scholar
- 22.American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists: Standards for Obstetric-Gynecologic Services, ed 5. Washington, ACOG,1982Google Scholar
- 23.Simpson JL: Disorders of Sexual Differentiation. Etiology and Clinical Delineation. New York, Academic Press, 1976Google Scholar
- 24.McKusick, VA: Mendelian Inheritance in Man, ed 6. Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University Press, 1983Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1985